This is going to my hard core Republican friends. Why are you still supporting Romney?
1) You know he is not going to win.
2) You know as the election heats up, his Bain Capital experience will make Republicans untouchable for decades.
3) You can’t pin down where Romney stands on anything.
4) He tied his dog to a car.
5) He stands with black people and says “Who let the dogs out, woof, woof.”
Most of you are telling me, “I certainly can’t vote for Obama. I guess I’m not voting for President this time.”
Let’s say, just for argument sakes there was a presidential candidate out there who says to have good government you need: …………………
1. Become reality driven. Don’t kid yourself or others.
Find out what’s what and base your decisions and actions
2. Always be honest and tell the truth. It’s extremely
difficult to do any damage to anybody when you are
willing to tell the truth–regardless of the
3. Always do what’s right and fair. Remember, the more
you actually accomplish, the louder your critics become.
You’ve got to learn to ignore your critics. You’ve got to
continue to do what you think is right. You’ve got to
maintain your integrity.
4. Determine your goal, develop a plan to reach that
goal, and then act. Don’t procrastinate.
5. Make sure everybody who ought to know what you’re
doing knows what you’re doing. Communicate.
6. Don’t hesitate to deliver bad news. There is always
time to salvage things. There is always time to fix
things. Henry Kissinger said that anything that can be
revealed eventually should be revealed immediately.
7. Last, be willing to do whatever it takes to get your
job done. If you’ve got a job that you don’t love enough
to do what it takes to get your job done, then quit and
get one that you do love, and then make a difference.
Honesty. Integrity. Principal.
Sounds good so far. Let us say just for argument, he had chief executive experience. Let us say just or argument that he once ran a state, one of the fifty in this union. Let us say while governor, this is what he did…..
During his tenure, New Mexico experienced the longest period without a tax-increase in the state’s entire history.
1) He cut the rate of government growth in half,
2) Left the New Mexico state government with a budget surplus and 1000 fewer employees (without firing anyone),
3) Privatized half of the prisons in the state,
4) Brought a state-wide school voucher system to New Mexico.
5) Vetoed 750 bills (more than all the vetoes of the other 49 Governors in the country at that time, combined) with only 2 overrides, earning him the nickname Gary “Veto” Johnson.
6) In 1999, Johnson became the highest-ranking elected official in the United States to advocate the legalization of drugs.
7) Shifted Medicaid to managed care.
ISN’T THAT WHAT YOU WANT? ISN’T THAT WHAT WE NEED?
Can you not think of a better way to show your lack of enthusiasm over a wealthy capitalist buying his way to the top of your ticket, by voting for someone who has character, who does what you’ve always wanted, a doer, not a talker?
And to think…. you were simply just going to throw your vote away.
His name is Gary Johnson. He is the new party’s candidate for President.
Remember Republicans. It is your values that are important. If your party has given up and moved on from your values, don’t think you have to be loyal to the word…. “Republican”… What you have to be loyal too, is yourself. Always. Never lie to yourself.
You don’t need to waste your vote on Romney. You probably need to find more about this guy, Gary Johnson, and then throw your support behind him.
Don’t worry it is not one of the two parties on whose ticket he is running. Remember, at one point in time, the Republican Party was a once a third party too. One that went mainstream because of its core values, its principles resonated with everyday American People.