Kevin posted an RYP and here were some questionable points that need clarity or legislative safeguards to protect our children.
The Vendor shall develop the interfaces with the DDOE’s Student Information System
(Delaware Student Information System – DELSIS), the DDOE Code Library, and DDOE’s Identity Management System……..Interfaces must include data transfer capabilities from DELSIS and the Delaware Code Library… PAGE 16
Comment: one can see transfer to, but why from? Why would the DOE want to be able to manipulate data involving specific children and their specific test scores?
- The mechanism for detailed test results (test history) to be archived in off-line storage
- The normal time period for maintaining historical on-line information
The process to archive data off-line through user-controlled purge criteria
The process to restore archived data into current system, use it, and then purge it in a controlled manner, retaining the archived data off-line. PAGE 16
Data files containing scores must be available at the DDOE within forty-five (45) calendar days after a student completes the assessment. Assessment results files must provide both student level and item level data. PAGE 19
Comment: which means they must have the scores by July 15th if last test was before June 1st.
- Changing the SID associated with a test without having to end the test.
- Ending a test event in cases where the test results are likely invalid
- Changing an Institution Identifier associated with a test
- Restarting a test from the beginning and while not incrementing the total number of opportunities used by a student
- Restarting or resuming a test after a student moves to another location within the Delaware public schools, based on the SID. PAGE 19
Comment: being able to change ID’s of either the student or school in the middle of the test from a central office does not instill confidence in this test.
- tracking of reader scores/discrepancies;
- use of training reports that show reader performance during training and qualifying;
- inter-reader reliability reports;
- recalibration reports that show reader scores on the recalibration sets;
- troubled paper identification in which papers with extremely personal and/or offensive content are flagged and forwarded to DDOE along with the necessary identifying information;
- and other reports and/or procedures as deemed necessary by the Vendor to ensure a quality scoring PAGE 24
The DDOE would prefer not to use any materials that need copyright permission. PAGE 25