Well, then, let me explain with an example….

“Deborah Vailes has been teaching junior high in Louisiana’s Rapides Parish School District for the past twelve years. She is passionate about helping special needs children become better readers. Little did she know that an early morning post critical of the Common Core Curriculum on her personal Facebook page would lead to disciplinary action, suppression of her right to free speech, retaliation from school officials, and possible loss of her job.”

If you read the link, you will find that furthermore, her principal, held a meeting of all faculty, named her by name and threatened all of them with loss of their jobs, if any of them said anything about common core in their social media….

As a result, the Thomas More Law Center (TMLC), a national public interest law firm based in Ann Arbor, Michigan, recently filed a lawsuit in the Federal District Court for the Western District of Louisiana on behalf of Deborah Vailes against the Rapides Parish School District and the principal of Pineville Junior High School, Dr. Dana Nolan.

And if you do read the link, this teacher was not threatened over a rant she posted, she simply shared that picture we all saw a while back of that child crying while doing her Common Core homework…

Which if any parent has done Common Core homework for their child, they know that picture was dead-on….

But this is why….. when you see surveys saying that 52% of teachers support Common Core, you have to throw that out as bunk… You need to encourage those remaining 52% to stop lying, and join the other 48% who are brave enough to tell the truth….

(And please note: Markell wants to turn Delaware in to a copy-cat of Louisiana where this took place.)

Advertisements