Democracy requires an informed public…. On Common Core, Delaware’s legislators have their head in the sand… By a vote of 30 to 9 yesterday, the House of Delaware’s General Assembly voted to scrap Delaware’s HIGHLY SUCCESSFUL DCAS testing program for a widely panned Smarter Balanced Assessment…..
Just how deep do 30 of Delaware’s legislators have their heads in the sand??? Well perhaps this will be a wake up call for them… Check these out. Whereas other governors are concerned about the future of our kids, our’s seems to be concerned only about the financial future of the governor…
One must ask…. in spite of OVERWHELMING EVIDENCE AGAINST COMMON CORE…. how can anyone not know? How can anyone not care? Are they really that stupid? Or are they all bought off? Do they just don’t know? Or do they know, just holding out their hands and looking the other way?
For in light of the national landscape, Delaware is an anomoly. Delaware is going against the grain…. How can you explain 30-9 in light of all of this???
- Alaska Repeals High School Exit Exam, Plans to Award Withheld Diplomas
- New Connecticut State Tests Mean Less Time for Teaching and Learning
- One Florida Mother Has Had it With High Stakes Testing
- Union Challenges Florida’s Test-Based “Merit Pay” Law as “Irrational”
- Indiana State-Federal Assessments Stand-off Illustrates Politically Driven Testing Charade
- Louisiana School Grades Distort Picture of Education
- Gov. Jindal Wants to Pull Louisiana Out of Common Core Testing
- Maine School Grading System Has Major Flaws
- New Massachusetts Teacher Union President Supports Three-Year Moratorium on Standardized Testing
- New Jersey Testing Concerns Grow as PARCC Phase-In Begins
- More Questions on Accuracy of New Mexico Teacher Evaluations
- Upstate New York School Districts Say “No” to Pearson Field Tests
- Field Test is Exercise in Futility
- Just Say “No” to NY Field Tests
- New Yorkers Demand Release of Test Questions for Public Inspection
- New York Republican Legislators Promote Plan to Review Common Core Assessments
- Bill Would End Pearson’s Common Core Testing Contract
- Why I Despise North Carolina’s End-of-Grade Tests
- Ohio’s Standardized Tests: What’s the Point?
- Oklahoma Schools Challenge Flawed Writing Test Scores
- Standardized Tests for Tennessee Learning Disabled Students Make Little Sense
- Bringing Transparency to Tennessee Testing
- Vermont to Develop Local Proficiency Standards, Not State Exit Exam
- Virginia Kids Are Not “All Right” Due to High-Stakes Testing
- NCLB Falsely Labels Wyoming Schools as “Failing”
- Obama-Duncan Education Policies Test Our Patience
- What Happens When a Student Fails a High-Stakes Test
- This Is Not a Test: Jose Vilson’s Vision of Race, Class and Education in the U.S.
- You Don’t Fatten a Pig By Weighing It
- Testing Overkill Won’t Draw In Better Teachers
- Correcting a Harmful Misuse of Test Scores
- Morality, Validity and the Design of Instructionally Sensitive Tests
- Common Core Assessment Sales Job is a Hoax
- National Principals Groups Seeks Pause in Common Core Assessments
- “We Will Not Let an Exam Decide Our Fate”
- I Am a Scientist with Learning Disabilities, And That’s OK
- Bob Schaeffer, Public Education Director
- FairTest: National Center for Fair & Open Testing
- office- (239) 395-6773 fax- (239) 395-6779
- mobile- (239) 696-0468
- web- http://www.fairtest.org
Now I don’t expect you to read all of them…. If you are a democrat, you are probably going to read a few of the ones with Democratic states’ names attached…. If you are a republican, you are probably going to read a few of the ones with Republican high profile names and states attached….
The point is the SHEER VOLUME OF BOTH RED AND BLUE STATES that have revolted against Common Core…. Not because of its principles…. BECAUSE OF THIS TEST…..
The same test that 30 of your Representatives voted for because we were so deep in its shit….. It is as if we had to cross a cow field and got started and found it was full of a winter’s worth of manure… Talking really deep shit…. Like past your shoes and up over you ankles. Whereas all the other states in the Union are going “holy shit”, and taking steps backwards to dry land” Jack Markell and Mark Murphy, the least experienced Superintendent EVER in the history of this state of Delaware, are taking us the five miles across to the other side, while saying… “Don’t worry, you’ll get used to the smell…”
And 30 of our legislators are following him like sheep!
Really… I don’t get it?… And I know most of these guys…
I’ll tell you what…. You want to know who is smart? I wouldn’t call them geniuses really; I’d just say they have good common sense! If you read your Harry Potter, these are the good guys….. the Harry’s, Hermione’s, the Ron’s, the Hagrid’s, the Dumbledore’s, the Sirius Black’s, the Remus Lupin’s, the Weasley’s, ….
Give them a call and email and thank them for their courage to stand up for what is right…. These are the ones who one day will have a plaque or statue in their honor mounted high in Rodney Square…. Tear down that horse. We have better heroes now……
As for the rest…. they are Death Eaters… Either working as did Crabbe, Goyle, and Lucius Malfoy directly with evil itself, or too timid to stand up for right against wrong, and feebly siding with whom they feel is stronger at the moment maintaining their security with no care or concern for the children about to be sacrificed…. There is no hell hot enough for them…..
When all the world is moving one way… and Delaware the other, one has to question whether we have democracy here at all? Are we not a royal star chamber, a autocracy, even a dictatorship?…. Evidence would make it so…. There is a deep lack of courage among 30 of our legislators….
Not to mention Madam Bellatrix Lestrange running interference from the DSEA……..