At $40 million per test…. add them up….
I count 9 testing windows…..
- Grades 3-10 Fall Assessment Window October 2-18…..
- Required EOC: Algebra II, IM III, US History, (optional) Biology January 1-31
- Grades 3-10 P/P Reading-Math January 20-31
- Grades 3-11 Smarter Balanced Field Consortium February 14th – June 6th
- Science Grades 5,8,10 April 14-June 2
- Required EOC: Algebra II, IM III, US History, (optional) Biology April 21- May 23rd.
- Grades 3-10 P/P Reading, Math May12-30th
- P/P Science Grades 5, 8 ,10…. P/P Social Studies 4, 7 May 19- June 2
- Social Studies 4-7 May 19 – June 2
So when does a child get a chance to be taught?
It appears that through November and December, a child gets a chance to be taught without being pulled out to take a test…..
At $40 million per test…. don’t the priorities seem a little warped to you too?