I watched the Sequester take down another man….. Gone, gone, the damage done…..
Just a quick review of the Wilmington News Journal this past week to keep up with exactly all the unnecessary waste and wasteful perks we needed to cut so our billionaire friends won’t have to pay one more single penny of every dollar they earn over the $1 million mark…… .*
Here are those things less important than a penny to a billionaire……
- Air Force suspended its military tuition assistance program for the remainder of fiscal year 2013, impacting more than 1,000 Dover Air Force Base Airmen…
- DAFB has already endured deep cuts to flying hour programs, training cancellations and civilian furloughs,,,
- Delaware will lose approximately $1.4 million in funding for primary and secondary education, putting around 20 teacher and aide jobs at risk.,,,,,
- 2,000 fewer students would be served and approximately 4 fewer schools would receive funding…
- Delaware will lose approximately $1.8 million in funds for about 20 teachers, aides, and staff who help children with disabilities… including autism.
- Head Start and Early Head Start services would be eliminated for approximately 100 children in Delaware,
- Delaware would lose about $1.1 million in environmental funding ..
- Delaware’s to lose another $359,000 in grants for fish and wildlife protection.
- 2,000 civilian Department of Defense employees would be furloughed or around $7.6 million in payroll no longer hitting Delaware’s economy…
- Delaware will lose about $83,000 in Justice Assistance Grants,, used to prosecute criminals.
- Delaware will lose about $86,000 in funding for job search assistance, referral, and placement,..
- 100 disadvantaged and vulnerable children are being dropped from child care, meaning their parent will have to quit work to care for them.
- Reduced funding for vaccinations of about $26,000. 380 fewer children will receive vaccines
- Delaware will lose approximately $86,000 in funds to help upgrade its ability to respond to public health threats..
- Delaware will lose about $330,000 in grants to help prevent and treat substance abuse..
- Delaware will lose about $70,000 resulting in around 1,800 fewer HIV tests….
- Gone are the $19,000 in funds that provide services to victims of domestic violence,
- Gone are the $201,000 in funds that provide meals for seniors, currently the only meal they have.
- Elimination of inspections to prevent the introduction of foreign pests and diseases into U.S
- 1,000 fewer grants awarded by the National Science Foundation, and 5.1 percent cuts to the National Institute of Health..
In all, $18 million that would otherwise flow into Delaware’s economy…… The CBO uses this formula to judge the economic impact of Federal cuts. 1.6 times the Federal Cuts = local economic damage…. Delaware then is facing a slump of $28.8 million dollars…
And why are we facing all these hardships?
So billionaires won’t have to pay one penny off every dollar they earn over a million….. Just curious,… what part of society do you think deserves and needs that money more? If we were choosing where in society that money should go to do the most good, would you vote to keep it in a billionaires pocket?
If you are Republican, you would?……..
*(one penny on every dollar earned over 1 million equals almost exactly $85 billion, the amount of the sequester...)